Monday, September 12, 2011

Fall is in the air...

WOOHOO... Fall is in the air and my heart couldn't be happier! And along with the cooler temperatures comes more of an excitement to put on my running shoes. FINALLY. my love has returned to me. that darn humidity and stifling heat is a killer. It's hard getting back in to the groove, I'm discovering. but, I can't stop now, I've come too far to go back.
Lots of things have been happening around these parts lately. My dear friend Emily got married labor day weekend. She was a beautiful bride! such a sweet sweet person! I'm so excited for her.
Also, school started back. I am getting to know 13 cute little children. They're really funny this year and make me laugh every day. especially at the end of the day when they're tired and crying and counting out loud. It's really quite hilarious! I get called Mr. Phelan often and have to tell the children that the bus is in fact coming later. It's like they don't want to hang out with me forever. I do understand the reasoning behind it though, so I don't take it personally. :-)
Remember that little thing on my nose?!?! yeah, that procedure is scheduled for THIS thursday at 7:30 in the morning. it could last anywhere between 2 and 5 hours. I am praying for closer to 2 than 5 that's for sure.
Oh another thing, I started college again. I'm taking courses to get my teaching license. I must admit, it's rather interesting going back to school after being out for 5 years. I am enjoying the content. I turn my first assignment in tomorrow, so we'll see how I do! I'm a bit nervous!

I will try to be better at updating. My next race is October 1st. It's the Susan G. Komen race for the cure! This is my 2nd year doing it and I also get to run this one with my dad! Great times to be had I'm sure!

Happy Monday to all of you! Have an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment