Wednesday, October 12, 2011

some news

hello there friends. I am beginning to think that I start each blog post with an apology as to why I haven't been posting. Why change things now, right? So, I'm sorry I haven't posted. Life around these parts has been um, let's see, CRAZY. Who knew that working AND going to school AND trying to have a life with my community here would be so time consuming. I wake up tired and go to bed exhausted every. single. day. I wouldn't change it though. Nope. Nope. Did you know that I love connecting with people? It just makes my heart so incredibly happy. There are so many amazing people out there with beautiful stories and I love that I can hear about them! on that note, I am so freakin' blessed with the friends I have in my life. Amazing I tell ya. I mean, really. People who are all up in your business and call you out on your junk. That's real friendship right there. It's messy and beautiful all at the same time. How does that happen? Have you surrounded yourself with amazing people? I think you should share about it! There is just something about sitting with someone, knowing that you can be real and honest and that they will love you anyway and walk with you. that's beautiful.
Ok, definitely got a little side tracked.
I've got some exciting news to share with you. I ALREADY HAVE PLANS FOR MY 29TH BIRTHDAY!! WHOOP WHOOP. i LOVE my birthday, did you know? So... I've been wanting to run a 1/2 for about a year now, ever since I got that crazy running bug. I said I was going to run a couple different ones, but did I train? Nope. HUGE bummer. BUT BUT BUT... May 27th I will be running my first 1/2 marathon in the spectacular city of BOSTON! That's right my friends! I will be spending my first day of 29 running 13.1 miles through a historic city and loving every minute of it. Well, maybe the last part is a little bit a hope instead of a fact! But I'm going to do it, and it's going to be amazing. The training will be hard and time consuming but the end result will be worth it. So. very. worth. it!
There you go. That's my exciting news. I actually got very very nervous as I hit the "complete" button for the registration.
Here goes nothing and everything all at the same time.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." John Bingham
"The only thing standing between you and your goal is your WILLPOWER"
"The only way to finish is to start"

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love this! Congrats and best of luck! If you find out that running bug is contagious come visit me. I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHOOOOO, that is the most fun way to spend the celebration of 2-9, I highly recommend it :)
    I will have to come and cheer you on if I don't end up running it as well!!!

    ReplyDelete