Saturday, February 18, 2012

and... i'm back

happy new year?!?! yes, a bit late. i'm pretty sure that everyone who used to follow me has probably given up on coming here for a new post. well friends, the lack in posting is about to change. not to sound redundant but life has been busy busy with work, school, 2nd job at a gym, church things, training and such. never a dull moment. and yes, i am beginning to realize the importance of having me time. me time that is more than just a three mile run or so. really taking time to invest in me. how come that is so difficult? so life has been rather interesting for a while. many different changes going on around me that in one way or another indirectly affect me. and if i'm honest, it's been really hard. harder than i imagined. through it all though, the Lord has been so faithful to me. over and over proving His love for me and showing me how deeply he knows me. it's beautiful really. in the last couple months, i have reconnected with some amazing women. women that were in my life at a previous time but didn't really connect with them before, but now connecting on such a deeper level. just another way God has shown me how much he cares for me. definitely learning the discipline of trust and timing. and the reality that our definition of good and God's definition of good might not look the same. important truths to to know and believe unwaveringly.
in other news...
i got a tattoo. yep. i finally told my dad, so now i can make it web official. i really like it and think i'll like it more when i can wear shoes that show it off. i've been wanting a tat for a while now. just never found a time that seemed right. one day a couple of my friends were like, let's go get our tattoos. and we did. 6 months to the day of my 1/2 marathon. the tattoo is on my foot and says ...so she did... from the saying "she believed she could so she did." i realize that some people completely disagree with tattoos and you know what, that's totally fine. i'm not forcing anyone to get one, and we'll just leave it at that.
i am training for my 1/2. trying not to beat myself up for taking a little running hiatus. i'm pretty discouraged if i going to be honest. it's hard to get back in to. and then i get mad at myself for not sticking with it. so, i must remember that a strength is building. strength not just physically but mentally as well. and that's exciting. i will push through.
i also signed up to be part of a training group called Tri It For Life. It is a group of women that train together for a sprint triathlon. i've known several women to go through that program and they have had nothing but good things to say about it. we will be participating in the Rambling Rose Tri in Huntersville September 23rd. i'm excited to push myself physically in this way. and i am excited to connect with other women who have the same goal!
i'm believing this year is going to be so good. even with all of the changes going on. i just know it's going to be amazing.

"every passion has a destiny" -billy mills-
"if you are running, you are a runner"

No comments:

Post a Comment